Custom Mobile Applications
Mobile apps are tablet and smartphone applications that are downloaded onto a user’s mobile device. Apps are downloaded from an app store such as Android’s Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store and give users one-touch access from their devices even when they are offline.
What Is the Difference Between a Mobile App and a Mobile Website?
Both the mobile app and the mobile website are accessible on mobile devices, and they look similar; however, they function differently. So which one would be best for your business? Here is a comparison of the two:
- Applications are downloaded and installed on the user’s mobile device instead of being rendered within a browser, so they are available offline.
- Apps offer interactive engagement with users and can provide applications that function more like a computer program than a website.
- Apps are developed for very specific purposes like interactive gaming, customer loyalty programs, banking, mobile payments, ecommerce, and more.
- Apps are ideal for personalization or regular use (think Evernote or Dropbox).
- Once downloaded, apps get prime real estate on the user’s device, giving them one-touch access to your business.
- Apps can send location-based push notifications and collect data about customer preferences and behavior, even when they are closed or inactive.
- Browser-based HTML pages are available only when the user is online.
- Users must open a browser and type in a URL to access a mobile site.
- Responsive design allows for easy viewing across all browsers and devices.
- Mobile sites include a touch-screen interface for click-to-call, GPS mapping, shopping cart, social sharing and other features for an enhanced user experience.
- Mobile websites are great when presenting content and marketing to a wide audience.
- Mobile sites offer the same elements as a regular website with increased functionality for a better user experience.
Hybrid App Development
We also specialize in hybrid app development—a technique using the same web technologies that are used by your website for your app. This way, only a single set of code is necessary, allowing your app to be available in all app stores—regardless of platform. The benefits include easier maintenance, the ability to have a marketing presence in app stores, a lower cost, faster delivery, and higher quality—all with performance and features similar to what you already have on your responsive design business website.
Our Boston web app developers are some of the best in the business. Contact us today to learn about all the mobile options available to help you meet your business goals. If you already know what you are looking for, get a free quote here.